KEARNS, Utah — Police are looking for the driver they say hit a five-year-old boy and then left the scene.
The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Police said the boy was playing in his front yard, and went into the road at about 50th West and Longmire Drive Thursday evening. That’s when he was hit.
Witnesses say the pickup driver stopped for a few moments, but then left.
“Sometimes people leave these scenes just because they’re frightened or afraid and not knowing what to do,” said Unified Police Sgt Melody Grey.
They are looking for a truck that’s white or light-colored with a mismatched-colored driver’s door.
“Please call us. Some of these situations it’s just not as big of a deal as it is if you leave the scene,” said Grey.
Today’s Top Stories
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here’s everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- No sign of missing woman who was kidnapped in Kearns 1 week ago
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball