SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has announced the location of his upcoming town hall meeting in Salt Lake City.
He’ll appear Monday, February 17th at The Complex, at 536 W. 100 South in Salt Lake.
Buttigieg has a pair of new endorsements in Utah. Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson and former Salt Lake City Mayor Ted Wilson announced Buttigieg as their presidential pick on Friday.
Jenny Wilson said in a statement that Buttigieg would be a unifying leader who could both energize the party’s base and attract moderates.
Her father Ted Wilson says the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, would be the best qualified to run the country.
Their endorsements contrast with Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben McAdams, who has endorsed former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Fire destroys multiple homes in Ogden
- U., Hatch team up for center to promote political civility
- Southwest Behavioral Health Center
- A seemingly healthy woman’s sudden death is now the first known US coronavirus-related…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Attack ads: a presidential history on TV
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Here’s everything you need to know about iOS 14