SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has announced the location of his upcoming town hall meeting in Salt Lake City.
He’ll appear Monday, February 17th at The Complex, at 536 W. 100 South in Salt Lake.
Buttigieg has a pair of new endorsements in Utah. Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson and former Salt Lake City Mayor Ted Wilson announced Buttigieg as their presidential pick on Friday.
Jenny Wilson said in a statement that Buttigieg would be a unifying leader who could both energize the party’s base and attract moderates.
Her father Ted Wilson says the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, would be the best qualified to run the country.
Their endorsements contrast with Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben McAdams, who has endorsed former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg.
Today’s Top Stories
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Teacher stands by as Vernal Middle School student is viciously assaulted
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map