SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has announced the location of his upcoming town hall meeting in Salt Lake City.
He’ll appear Monday, February 17th at The Complex, at 536 W. 100 South in Salt Lake.
Buttigieg has a pair of new endorsements in Utah. Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson and former Salt Lake City Mayor Ted Wilson announced Buttigieg as their presidential pick on Friday.
Jenny Wilson said in a statement that Buttigieg would be a unifying leader who could both energize the party’s base and attract moderates.
Her father Ted Wilson says the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, would be the best qualified to run the country.
Their endorsements contrast with Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben McAdams, who has endorsed former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg.
Today’s Top Stories
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Lynda Davis – Morningside Elementary
- Dave & Dujanovic: Utah coronavirus survivor talks about his ordeal
- Trish Morrison – Willow Canyon Elementary
- Conservationists dealing with the spread of graffiti in Cottonwood canyons
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire
- 2 Dillinger relatives doubt body in grave is the gangster
- Disney will require masks at parks in indoor areas in Florida and California