LAYTON– A business in Layton, Utah is missing a chunk of its wall after a car crashed into the building.
Layton City Police received a complaint around 5:30 AM Sunday morning about a Jeep speeding on Hill Field Road.
Sergeant Brent Ericksen said a 26-year-old male driver failed to negotiate the curve of the road, crossed the opposite lane, and collided into Check City loan agency.
Serious crash at the Check City in #Layton. The driver was speeding down the road and somehow launched his jeep into the corner of the building. Fortunately no one was inside. The driver has been taken to the hospital. We’re working to get more of this story for @KSL5TV. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/qpo8qCwzjn
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) February 16, 2020
A witness called in the collision and said the accident wrecked about half the building. The building was empty at the time of the crash.
Alcohol is suspected to play a role and police have issued the driver a DUI citation.
The driver was able to climb out of the wreckage and was taken to the hospital. He has now been released for the hospital.
The identity of the driver has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- Lunar eclipse during supermoon set for early Wednesday morning
- Trooper Justin Hansen
- Air quality “unhealthy” for all near Spanish Fork
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- Sears staves off liquidation, stores to remain open