SALT LAKE CITY – West Valley City Police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was shot then dropped off outside the Salt Lake County Metro Jail at 3415 S. 900 West.
Police say they received a report of shots fired on Friday around 5:14 p.m. near 3700 S. Rothchild Circle. They say they did not find any shooting victims when they got there, though they did find several shell casings.
Witnesses reported seeing a couple of vans in the same area, which drove away after the shooting.
The Salt Lake County Metro Jail in South Salt Lake reported a gunshot victim had been dropped off outside its location about a minute after the shooting was called in to police.
Officers say the 17-year-old boy was taken to the hospital in serious condition. It’s unclear who drove him to the Salt Lake County Metro Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Opinion: “Midway” movie ends with offensive statement
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated
- Utah company Banjo could solve crimes in seconds
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27