SALT LAKE CITY — Throughout the day Saturday, multiple cell phone carriers have been experiencing emergency outages for customers calling 9-1-1.
(update) Layton City tweeted out early Sunday morning that the issue had been resolved but to keep the non-emergency numbers handy just in case.
Locations affected include Bountiful, West Bountiful, Centerville, north Salt lake, Woods Cross, and Sandy areas due to intermittent connectivity problems.
Local police agencies are notifying the public about emergency outages.
Police agencies throughout Utah posted notices on social media to inform the public to call their non-emergency lines if 9-1-1 is not working.
Multiple cell phone carriers are experiencing intermittent problems with their connection to 911. If you need police, fire, or medical help in the Bountiful, West Bountiful, Centerville, North Salt Lake or Woods Cross area, and a 911 call does not go through, call 801-298-6000.
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) February 22, 2020
NOTICE: The Davis County 911 line is temporarily not working for some carriers. For now, please call 801-451-4150.
We will provide an update as soon as we have remedied the problem. pic.twitter.com/bgcvc0446s
— Davis County Sheriff's Office (@DavisSheriffUT) February 22, 2020
If you have an in need of any police, fire or medical assistance in any of these areas affected by the Emergency outages, then call dispatch directly.
Salt Lake City 9-1-1 executive director Lisa Burnette has confirmed that after running test calls with Verizon, AT&T and TMobile phones they all had some sort of issue. These issues did not occur every time they attempted.
Dispatch lines in case of emergency outages
Salt Lake City and Sandy: (801) 799-3000 (option 7)
Davis County Sheriff’s Office: (801) 451-4150
Bountiful, West Bountiful, Centerville, North Salt Lake and Woods Cross: (801) 298-6000
Layton: (801) 497-8300
Summit County: (435) 615-3601
St. George: (435) 627–4300
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah COVID-19 hospitalizations lower, doctor urges caution over Christmas