UPDATE 7:58 P.M.
ROY UT — Police confirm finding the owner of the home dead inside the remains of the fire. The state fire marshal and medical examiner are still investigating the cause of the fire.
Roy Fire Department respond early Sunday morning
Sunday morning the Roy Fire Department responded to a fully engulfed house fire at about 5 a.m. The fire left the home a complete loss.
Captain Matthew Heslop with the Roy Fire Department said that fire fighters arrived at the home and the house was fully engulfed.
It is reported that the flames were strongest in the garage and living area.
Fire put out by afternoon
Heslop said that the even though the fire is out, the home remains very unstable. Crews are now shoring up the home before they will be able to search inside.
The person who lived in the home was unaccounted for at the time, but an investigation by the state fire marshal is now underway.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack