MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified Police say that a 5-year-old boy from Millcreek has died after being struck by a vehicle Sunday night.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) February 24, 2020
Police say the street they were playing on was poorly lit and that the driver swerved to miss the older boy but failed to see the 5-year-old.
That driver remained on the scene and police say that they have been cooperating.
Officials say they do not believe impairment to be a factor and that the driver was a neighbor to the boy and that their families knew each other.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Temple Square lights turn on tonight to kick start the holidays
- New study: Utah high on the list of alcohol-related boating accidents
- Police shooting that killed teen in West Jordan ruled justified by DA Sim Gill
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Doctors urge Utahns age 70 and older to get COVID vaccine as soon as possible
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic