PROVO, Utah — March Madness hopes are looking good for BYU after they score a huge upset Saturday night against #2 ranked Gonzaga.
They beat #2 Zags 91-76 Saturday night.
STREAK SNAPPED 🚨
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) February 23, 2020
By Monday morning, BYU had moved into the Top 15 of the NCAA Men’s Basketball NET Rankings coming in at #14. The team was also ranked at #17 in the national AP polls, a jump from its previous ranking at #23.
Those are used to seed the March Madness tournament.
That means the Cougars are on the verge of their first NCAA tourney berth in five years.
More about the BYU Gonzaga Game
“I’m just proud of our guys, and I’m so proud of Cougar nation,” Senior Yoeli Childs told KSL SportsBeat after the game.
The crowed stormed the floor after the final buzzer.
“For like, five seconds, I was like, this is amazing! Then I thought I might die,” joked Childs.
COURT STORMING!!! pic.twitter.com/Hj3Cvv7FR6
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) February 23, 2020
Coach Mark Pope ruined his suit with the water bottle mayhem in the locker room.
Then he went and bought dinner for some 200 BYU students at Cubby’s after the game. One report said it was a $1,600 tab.
— The ROC (@byuROC) February 23, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Boomer, GenX parents supporting Millennial adult kids more in 2020
- Melanie Fisher – Bluffdale Elementary
- High school swimmers protest ban on team practices at Salt Lake County pools
- Brigham Young University installs “family friendly” section in student library
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- SLCSD is trying to find out when their educators can get COVID-19 vaccine
- Big drug bust made by Salt Lake City Police this week
- No sign of missing woman who was kidnapped in Kearns 1 week ago
- Carmelite Nuns say Holladay fair won’t happen this year