(CNN) — Okay, boomers. “The Bachelor” franchise is about to get bigger. ABC is casting a new version of the show with “seniors looking for love.”
The surprise was revealed during Monday’s episode of “The Bachelor,” when the network put out a casting call for seniors, people 65 and over.
One producer offered more details on Instagram, writing: “Are you entering your golden years and looking for romance? The producers of The Bachelor are looking for active and outgoing single men and women in their golden [years] for a new exciting dating show.”
ABC reality show head Rob Mills described what producers are looking for with, “#Bachelornation give us your Grumpiest Old Men, give us your Goldenest Girls.”
When one person suggested the new season of “The Bachelor” for seniors be filmed in Boca Raton, FL., Mills replied, “I always say the audience are the best producers.”
“The Bachelor” is currently in Season 24.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Farmington High School ready for students
- Grandparents of missing Idaho kids offer $20,000 reward
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Ogden cancels AMBER Alert, missing infant found safe
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico