SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police have released body cam footage of an officer-involved shooting earlier this month.
On Monday, February 10th, officers were called to an apartment complex at 125 S. 300 E. They say they were unsure what the call was about but believed it to be a domestic dispute.
Police say that an officer spotted a man and woman through a ground-level window and jumped into action, kicking out a window and ordering the male suspect to drop the gun he was holding.
There was an exchange of gunfire and one SLCPD officer was hit in the leg.
CORRECTION: Newly released body cam footage from @slcpd shows an intense scene from an officer-involved critical incident earlier this month at 125 S 300 E. An officer was hit in the leg and police believe the suspect fatally shot a woman inside the apartment. @kslnewsradio pic.twitter.com/8tKTuXFfJQ
— Nick Wyatt (@NickWyattNews) February 25, 2020
Officers say they found a dead woman inside the apartment. They believe she was shot by suspect Michael Tyson Nance. She was later identified as 34-year-old Natalie Thurber.
Nance was also shot in the exchange and was later taken into custody after receiving medical treatment. He is charged with aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault.
This was the second activation of Officer-involved Critical Incident protocol in 2020 by Salt Lake City police.
If you, or anyone you know, is the victim of domestic violence, please call the Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine at 1-800-897-LINK (5465).
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Tooele County Health Department
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- ‘Modern Family’ actor Ty Burrell teams up with Salt Lake City to help laid-off…