(CNN) — Jack Welch, who led General Electric through 20 years of its greatest financial success, has died, according to CNBC, which spoke with his wife, Suzy. He was 84.
Welch became CEO of GE in 1981 and led it until his retirement in 2001.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- LDS Church: April General Conference will be “technology only”
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates