(CNN) — Since it was released in 1978, “I Will Survive” has been the ultimate breakup anthem, empowering both men and women that despite the heartbreak, they will survive. But in the chaos surrounding coronavirus, “I Will Survive” has taken on a different (yet perfectly fitting) purpose with the queen of disco, Gloria Gaynor herself, taking the lead.
Just as the CDC guidelines recommend, Gaynor wets her hands, pumps out some soap and starts rubbing, making sure she doesn’t miss any of the nooks and crannies between her fingers.
“It only takes :20 seconds to ‘SURVIVE!'” she captioned her coronavirus video, which has racked up more than 14,000 views.
Marking her video with the hashtag #iwillsurvivechallenge, the video has prompted others to also wash their hands while grooving to the song.
But if disco isn’t your thing, here’s a list of songs from each decade that will help you kill those germs while jamming out.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
- State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
- Utah State Board of Education
- Utah Hospital Association
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Commonly asked questions, World Health Organization
- Cases in the United States
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Meat monopoly: Utah AG concerned about possible meat price-fixing
- Volunteers of America
- Utah missionary killed in Georgia bike accident
- Pilot walks away from rough landing in West Jordan
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia
- We have a wiener! Joey Chestnut eats 71 hot dogs for title