If you’re looking for something to do while you’re practicing your safe social distancing, New York’s Met is offering free HD streams of some of their award-winning opera performances.
After canceling upcoming performances due to concerns of the coronavirus, the New York Metropolitan Opera says that it will start offering presentations pulled from their “Live in HD” series during their closure.
The Met says that their performance streams will begin nightly at 5:30 Mountain Time and will remain available on their homepage for 20 hours.
“We’d like to provide some grand opera solace to opera lovers in these extraordinarily difficult times,” General Manager Peter Gelb says.
“Every night, we’ll be offering a different complete operatic gem from our collection of HD presentations from the past 14 years.”
Performances will begin Monday as the Met streams Bizet’s Carmen.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000