SALT LAKE CITY — New guidelines have been issued for missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In a release from the church Monday, they say that assignments for worldwide service will continue to be made — but there may be some temporary adjustments.
“Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ remains a sacred priority for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, even in the current circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic,” the statement said.
The adjustments made Monday are:
- Young missionaries with health issues and senior missionaries may be released from service.
- Missionaries who begin their service and are unable to travel to their assigned mission may be temporarily reassigned to another mission.
- To adjust for rapidly changing conditions, young missionary elders currently serving in missions within the United States and Canada who would complete their mission on or before Sept. 1, 2020, may be released after they have served for 21 months.
- Some missionaries may be temporarily reassigned.
Those currently serving that have been confined to their apartments have also been advised to continue teaching through technology and study as well as seek opportunities for community service and “take opportunities to leave their apartments for periods of exercise and fresh air, while observing wise guidelines for personal contact.”
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Truck crashes into, flattens Wellington restaurant