In an announcement made Tuesday morning, AMC theaters announced that they will be closing their movie theaters for the next six to twelve weeks.
“Effective today, all 630 AMC locations in the country will close for at least six to 12 weeks, in compliance with local, state and federal directives, and as a precaution to help ensure the health and safety of our guests and theatre staff,” the company said on Facebook.
They say that all AMC Stubs A-list memberships will be paused automatically and hope to be able to reopen when the coronavirus situation improves.
Today’s Top Stories
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- How does the Electoral College work?
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- A newborn monkey is a step to saving fertility of boys with cancer