Senator Mitt Romney tests negative for coronavirus
WASHINGTON– Senator Mitt Romney announced he tested negative for coronavirus and will remain under quartine for the remainder of the 14-day period.
On Tuesday, Romney posted his COVID-19 test results on Twitter.
“Thankfully I’ve tested negative for COVID-19,” Romney wrote. “Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with the CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period.”
Thankfully I’ve tested negative for COVID-19. Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with the CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) March 24, 2020
Sen. Romney and Sen. Mike Lee decided to self-quartine on Sunday after coming in close contact with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) who tested positive for coronavirus.
Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) March 22, 2020
Under current law, quarantined lawmakers are unable to vote on legislation. Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have been attempting to pass an economic relief bill for Americans in wake of COVID-19.
Sen. Mike Lee has not released his test results to the public.
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds
- Flash flooding, storms, wreak more havoc on southern Utah
- The Magic of Fairy Gardens | KSL Greenhouse
- Defense moves to suppress evidence in murder of Kearns woman