The warehouse store Costco has updated its policy and will now only allow two individuals in the store per membership card. The new Costco policy will begin on Friday, April 3.
The new Costco policy
Craig Jelinek, president and CEO of Costco, says the change comes to protect the safety and health of both members and employees.
“As many of you have noticed, we’ve experienced a surge of business during this time. As a result, we’ve taken steps to control the number of members in our warehouses and asked that members and employees practice social distancing,” Jelinek said.
In addition to limiting the number of individuals in the store, the wholesaler has also changed their hours of operation.
In a release on Tuesday, they said that they will be reserving the shopping hours between 8 and 9 am for members age 60 and older.
They will also be closing at 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Costco also says the policy means they have closed the seating area in their food courts. Menu options will be limited to takeout orders only.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Charlie and Braden Powell are remembered by those who love them
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing