UTAH COUNTY — The Utah County Health Department (UCHD) announced Monday that there were two deaths in a long-term care facility. UCHD says that both people had tested positive for COVID-19.
The individuals that died were over the age of 65 and most likely had underlying health conditions. No further information about the individuals was released because of medical privacy laws.
“First, we would like to express our condolences to the family and friends of both individuals,” UCHD Executive Director Ralph Clegg said, “as well as the residents and staff at the care facility.
“At an already stressful time, we recognize the increased burden this adds.”
The location and name of the long-term care facility were not released but the UCHD has notified individuals who may have been exposed and instructed them to quarantine at home. Those in quarantine will be monitored for symptoms by state and local public health employees.
In instructions provided by the UCHD, those in quarantine are told they should not leave home for any reason except when their health care provider has advised them to seek in-person medical care.
That includes not leaving home for work, school, or any public place, including stores, malls, theatres, restaurants, or any other retail establishment.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Resources for more information:
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- Golden Spoke Event
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale