SALT LAKE CITY — According to numbers from Uber Eats, takeout orders in the US and Canada have increased by 30% since the novel coronavirus was declared a national emergency in March.
And the numbers show what Americans are ordering while they’re home.
Topping the list: French Fries.
The most popular takeout option
Whether its French, Waffle or Notso, fried spuds topped the list for 9 states across the country including Utah.
Our top takeout: Carne Asada fries.
If you need something to wash down all that satisfying starch, Uber had you covered. Their most popular beverage was soda, followed by Thai iced tea, Horchata, and iced coffee.
Other notable chart-toppers were Crab Rangoon in Missouri and Wisconsin, Chips and Queso in Louisiana and spicy tuna rolls in Oklahoma.
You can find the whole list here.
Looking for something else to stock up your quarantine snack store?
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- No school for kids at one Utah school, courtesy of a garbage fire
- Inside Sources: How criminals, addicts and homeless transform their lives free of charge
- Misdemeanor trial date set for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah woman says bison flipped her into air, broke her ankle
- Rent deferral program eases residents anxiety but raises landlords’
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- UDOT going forward with West Davis Corridor
- Candidate Conversation: Jenny Wilson for Senate