SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified a man who died in an auto accident on Redwood Road yesterday.
West Valley City police say Jesus Torres, age 19, was erratically driving southbound on Redwood Road around 10:30 on Saturday night.
Sgt. John Pittman says Torres made a lane change and “pulled in front of [the other car] too quickly.” At that point, Pittman says Torres spun out and hit a tree.
The driver was ejected from the car and died on the scene, police said.
Witnesses told police Torres “abruptly pulled into the lane of the other vehicle, striking the bumper of the other vehicle and causing Jesus’ vehicle to slide [into the tree].”
Police say no charges will be filed against the other driver involved in the accident.
According to KSL.com, this was the second fatal accident that happened on Saturday which involved a lane change and the ejection of the driver. In the first case, a man died when his sports car hit a semi on State Route 201 in South Salt Lake.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.