SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified a man who died in an auto accident on Redwood Road yesterday.
West Valley City police say Jesus Torres, age 19, was erratically driving southbound on Redwood Road around 10:30 on Saturday night.
Sgt. John Pittman says Torres made a lane change and “pulled in front of [the other car] too quickly.” At that point, Pittman says Torres spun out and hit a tree.
The driver was ejected from the car and died on the scene, police said.
Witnesses told police Torres “abruptly pulled into the lane of the other vehicle, striking the bumper of the other vehicle and causing Jesus’ vehicle to slide [into the tree].”
Police say no charges will be filed against the other driver involved in the accident.
According to KSL.com, this was the second fatal accident that happened on Saturday which involved a lane change and the ejection of the driver. In the first case, a man died when his sports car hit a semi on State Route 201 in South Salt Lake.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Utah voters break a record for presidential primary participation
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Searchers make urgent plea for more help finding missing hiker
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT