The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its list of common symptoms associated with the novel coronavirus COVID-19 Sunday, adding six that are commonly seen in confirmed cases.
These new symptoms include:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste and smell
Symptoms can range from mild to severe, depending on the case. These symptoms are in addition to the fever, cough and shortness of breath, which are the most prevalent in COVID-19 cases.
Symptoms may appear anytime between two and 14 days after being exposed to the virus.
The CDC reports if anyone severely experiences these symptoms to seek medical attention immediately, especially if they report:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
This list is not all-inclusive, according to the federal agency, so experts are recommending anyone who is experiencing severe symptoms to contact a health care provider.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirusis transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keepchildren and those with compromised immune systemsaway from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Another mountain lion spotted in Salt Lake County
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device