SPANISH FORK– U.S. Highway 6 briefly closed both directions of traffic after a crash near Spanish Fork Canyon, involving a semi-truck and an SUV, left one person in critical condition.
On Monday, Spanish Fork Police responded to a vehicle collision near the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon.
Lt. Brandon Anderson said a semi-truck pulling a trailer was traveling east on US-6, towards Spanish Fork Canyon, and a silver Mazda Tribute was turning left onto US-6 from Powerhouse Road.
“It appears the Mazda Tribute pulled out in front of the semi-truck,” said Anderson, and the “semi-truck hit the drivers side of the Mazda Tribute.”
The driver of the SUV, a 22-year-old female, suffered “extreme head trauma,” according
to police. Anderson said emergency responders “worked on the female at the scene” and she was in “extreme condition.”
The female was life-flighted to Utah Valley Hospital from the Crash near Spanish Fork Canyon. She was the only passenger of the SUV.
The driver of the semi-truck is uninjured with minor damage to the vehicle.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Courage Reins
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit