PROVO — A 21-year-old woman and her two-year-old attempted to cross the Frontrunner tracks before the train came near 500 S 900 W around 3:30 PM, that’s when the Frontrunner hit both the mother and child.
At the time of the incident, The railroad crossing arms were down and the mother reportedly decided to take a chance.
The baby was life-flighted to Primary Children’s Hospital and the mother is in a Provo hospital at this time. Both are in critical condition.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- The Nightside Project is Back!