SALT LAKE CITY — A man is in the hospital after a late-night hit-and-run accident on State Street between 700 and 800 South.
Police say the man was jaywalking through a dark spot of the roadway when he fell on the street and was hit by a car.
Police found the man lying on the road and they quickly performed CPR.
The man was flown to University of Utah Hospital. Cops say he is in “pretty rough shape.”
Witnesses and police say the driver failed to stop after the impact.
“[The] pedestrian ended up flying over the car,” explains Lt. Dave Cracroft, with Salt Lake City Police. “The car kept going and made no attempt to stop.”
Police are now looking for a black Dodge Charger or black Dodge Challenger that may have significant front-end damage.
The block where the incident took place was shut down until at least 2 a.m. Officers are talking with the pizza restaurant nearby (Wild Pepper Pizza) to hopefully obtain video.
Today’s Top Stories
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Hill Cumorah Pageant’s final year will come in 2021 instead
- No sign of missing woman who was kidnapped in Kearns 1 week ago