Megaplex Theaters have announced that they will be reopening for private family movie viewings at select locations.
The theater group made the announcement on Twitter on Wednesday. Theaters will be available to rent to play one of their current movie offerings. They will include seating for up to 20 people with popcorn and a drink for everyone.
We are now offering private family movie viewings at select locations! For $375, our package includes seating for up to 20, popcorn and a drink for each family member, and a movie of your choice from our current list of offerings. Contact Julene at 801-304-4451 to learn more. pic.twitter.com/iDTs6VCyKL
— Megaplex Theatres (@megaplextheatre) May 13, 2020
Megaplex says the package will run for $375 and be available at The District, Thanksgiving Point, Legacy Crossing, and Pineview.
Megaplex Theaters president Blake Andersen told KSL’s LiveMic with Lee Lonsberry that the reopening was always something they were looking to do.
“In Utah where we’ve done a fairly good job of managing this virus and this situation, it’s very likely that we’ll be one of the earlier theater chains to be able to open up.”
Anderson says they’ve been working with studios to bring back classic films as well as other films that were in the rotation when the theaters closed their doors.
You can hear the full conversation that Lee had with Andersen below.
Live Mic with Lee Lonsberry can be heard weekdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on KSL NewsRadio. Users can find the show on the KSL NewsRadio website and app.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Officers escort a fallen deputy’s wife across the stage at her graduation
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27