SOUTH JORDAN — South Jordan police have taken a man into custody and have lifted a shelter in place order issued on Thursday morning.
The shelter-in-place order was issued for the area in South Jordan near 11000 S. and Cadbury Drive, due to police activity which began after a report of a suspicious vehicle at the Walmart at 113328 S. Jordan Gateway.
Police say they were negotiating with a man who had hidden in a private backyard. The exact location of the yard was not provided.
Police say the man displayed a gun, but that the situation was under their control.
The man, who’s identity has not been released, was taken into police custody near noon on Thursday.
We have reporters on the way and will update this article as more information is made available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials
- Abandoned sacred places around the world
- Gov mulls opening Utah’s national parks, as local businesses wait on standby
- Train derailment causes mess near Milford
- All-clear given at Lone Peak High School after possible “wrong school” threat
- Utah AG Reyes unable to vote as Elector, Love steps in
- Utah Kids Foundation
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial