SALT LAKE CITY — Americans are feeling better lately, according to a new Gallup poll.
Their data, received in late March and early April, shows that nearly 60% of us were worrying a lot. But now, that number is 47%.
And we’re not as bored. Boredom fell 5 points to 41%.
The study finds that feelings of loneliness are holding steady, around one-quarter of respondents said they felt lonely. That’s about the same as it was a couple of months ago.
The big number was happiness. Gallup reports that 72% of Americans polled say they are actually feeling happy. Exactly how happy you’re feeling can be traced back to your demographics.
The poll shows if you’re a higher-income married Republican man, you’re reporting your mental state as better than anyone else. Gallup finds if you make less money, you worry more, are bored more, and are lonelier than those who make more.
It’s the same for those who are single or divorced as compared to married or even widowed Americans. Republicans are about ten% happier on the whole than Democrats.
The information comes from a continuous online survey conducted by Gallup since March 23. These results indicate responses from interviews conducted between April 27 and May 10.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- What it was like hunting memes outside Area 51
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman