MILLCREEK, Utah –Three different fire departments have responded to a commercial fire at a multi-use building in Millcreek early Wednesday morning.
Unified Fire spokesperson Matthew McFarland says that the initial reports of the flames at the Highland Dr. structure came in just before 4 am.
McFarland says that there were mixed reports that there may have been a single resident in the structure, but firefighters performed a search and say everyone is clear and safe.
McFarland says that smoke alarms alerted four residents who were able to evacuate the structure.
Commercial fire burning near 3900 South Highland Drive. I can see flames on the roof. pic.twitter.com/0n2r9Wiafk
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) May 20, 2020
No injuries have been reported. Reports say that 2 businesses, an Allstate Insurance building and the New Day Spa, as well as 2 attached apartments have been left uninhabitable.
Highland Drive has been closed between 3900 S and 4300 S and investigators will begin looking for a cause as soon as the fire is out.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Salt Lake shoppers looking for deals on Black Friday
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit