FARMINGTON, Utah — Lagoon Amusement Park announced Friday it will reopen its gates on Saturday, after receiving authorization from Davis County Health Department. The park will open as scheduled at 10 a.m. and guests will be required to wear face coverings upon entry.
Park employees are asking guests not to congregate at the front lines prior to the gates opening in order to maintain social distancing. Guests will be required to purchase tickets online, which will speed up the process of admitting guests and placing the wrist bands that grant access to the park.
Guests are prohibited from gathering in large groups of people, while employees will be encouraging constant movement throughout the park.
“As a large percentage of Lagoon’s attendance is family members who live in the same household, employees will consider this when encouraging appropriate social distancing,” the park said in a statement.
As part of the efforts to avoid the spread of the virus, single-rider lines — which previously served to seat people faster, especially if they were riding alone — will be eliminated. In addition, several rides and attractions may reduce the number of seats available at any given time.
Guests will be asked to use hand sanitizer as they enter and exit rides, with park employees disinfecting high-touch surface areas throughout the day. Lagoon staff will also wear face masks and gloves throughout their shifts.
Park restaurants will adhere to the state guidelines for dine-in service.
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- BIG MOVIE OF THE WEEK: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse review
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- “Blue Rally” gathers in downtown SLC to support law enforcement
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building
- Ogden cancels AMBER Alert, missing infant found safe