Salt Lake City, UT — Salt Lake City police say one man is dead early Saturday morning after an officer-involved shooting near 900 South 300 West. Salt Lake Police Sgt. Keith Horrocks says officers on a call around 2 a.m. of threats with a gun encountered a male suspect who then fled the scene. A short time later, Horrocks says shots were fired during a confrontation with the suspect.
“At this point in time we believe there may be a second suspect that’s outstanding but we don’t feel like there’s any threat to the community,” according to Horrocks during a press briefing on the police department’s Facebook page.
The deceased suspect has not yet been identified, but is a male Hispanic, according to Horrocks. All officers involved are OK and the Unified Police Department is handling the investigation going forward.
KSL NewsRadio will continue to follow this officer-involved shooting as it is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Managing fear of coronavirus