SALT LAKE CITY — Renderings for two new temples previously announced in 2019 by Church President Russell M. Nelson have been released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Cobán Guatemala Temple will be built on a 5.4-acre site adjacent to 4a. Avenida 4-48 Zona 8, Barrio Bella Vista, in Cobán, Guatemala. The plans include a single-story temple of around 8,800 square feet, a meeting house, and temple patron housing.
The Okinawa Japan Temple will be located on a half-acre site at 7-11, Matsumoto, Okinawa Shi, in Okinawa-ken, Japan. this temple will be around 10,000 square feet and a temple patron waiting area will bee added to an existing meetinghouse adjacent to the temple.
According to the Church’s website detailed design plans are still being made and groundbreaking dates have not yet been set.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Courage Reins
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit