SALT LAKE CITY— Masks, social distancing, and proper hygiene will be part of the curriculum come fall. Westminster, a small liberal arts college in Sugarhouse, released a statement saying they will be having in-person classes… with an exception. Fall break is gone. Westminster says its being removed so the semester can end early on December 4. The last week of class after Thanksgiving will be remote. Westminster says this approach reduces travel and the risk of illness. They are also developing safety protocols for classrooms, dining, and residence halls.
Westminster College President Bethami Dobkin is hedging against another outbreak. She’s quoted as saying, “[Our] planning includes safety and flexibility to shift back to more remote learning if needed.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Elder Robert D. Hales remembered as man of courage, tenacity, devotion
- Greg Robinson “Mr. Rob” – Rose Springs Elementary School
- Families remember teens who died on Utah roads in 2018
- Masks still required in Salt Lake City buildings until further notice
- Record breaking rain won’t break the Utah drought, but it’s helping