SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Police from the City of South Jordan have identified two children found dead in a home at 4329 W. Pentenwell Ln.
In a statement, South Jordan police said that Seth Osborn, age 8, and Ezra Osborn, age 10, died of gunshot wounds. Police say the wounds were inflicted by the boys’ father, Brian Osborn, age 41. The father was also found in the home and had died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say the 8-year-old child was found by his mother and was taken to the hospital. But he died of his injuries there.
When officers went to the home, they found the ten-year-old child and the father. Both had died of apparent gunshot wounds.
“Once we arrived on scene it was pretty chaotic,” said South Jordan Police Lt. Matt Pennington.
Police say that the father had been at home with his sons while the mother was at work. A statement also says the father had not lived in the home for several months. South Jordan police say they were familiar with the family and had been called to the home on non-criminal domestic issues.
Their last contact with the family was in November 2019.
Police are investigating what appears to be a double murder-suicide in a Daybreak neighborhood. The say it looks like a man killed his two sons, then himself. pic.twitter.com/Du3BOtPy6Y
— Paul Nelson (@KSLPaul) June 3, 2020
“This is one of the worst [calls] you’re going to go on,” explains Pennington. “We’ve all got young kids. That’s going to be a real difficult one to deal with for all of us.”
“From what I know at this point, there was nothing leading up to this,” says Pennington.
Community mourns two boys killed
An investigation is still ongoing, which will also look to find any sort of motive for the seemingly senseless killing.
Just one of countless blue ribbons tied around trees here on W. Pentenwell Lane. This area of Daybreak is where a tragic double murder-suicide took place yesterday, which involved two boys ages 8 & 10. pic.twitter.com/atw5RZtckh
— John Wojcik (@JWojcikKSL) June 3, 2020
“This is a tragedy on every level,” says South Jordan Mayor Dawn Ramsey. “There is nothing that is OK about this.”
A GoFund Me page has been set up to help with the funeral costs of the two boys.
A Go Fund Me has been set up for the funeral of the two young boys who were murdered yesterday in South Jordan: https://t.co/VVMkugPId9
— Kelli Pierce (@KelliReports) June 3, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Gas prices on the rise in Utah and across the nation, likely to stay that way
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- ‘Far Side’ cartoonist Gary Larson publishes first new work in 25 years