Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered with 3 Cool Spots to Visit This Weekend
This article about Box Elder County activities is sponsored by Box Elder Tourism.
Box Elder County is home to some amazing places you might not even have known existed in Utah. From Spiral Jetty to Brigham City, there is so much to see. Here are 3 inexpensive yet fun activities to do in Box Elder County.
Crystal Hot Springs
Many People know about Lava Hot Springs just north of the border of Idaho and Utah, but did you know you can run away to some amazing hot springs here in Utah too? Crystal Hot Springs boasts pools from 120 to 134 degrees F and the mineral content of the healing waters is higher than any other hot springs in the world. It’s also the world’s largest, natural hot and cold springs.
Golden Spike National Historical Park
An hour and a half drive north and you’ll find yourself at one of the most historic places in Utah: Golden Spike National Historical Park. It’s been 150 years since the country’s western and eastern railway systems were united at Promontory Summit, UT. Although the larger 150th celebration is over, reenactments take place on Saturdays and Holidays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Plus, you can see demonstrations of replicas of the mighty Jupiter and 119 locomotives from May through October.
Northrop Grumman Rocket Park
When exploring Box Elder, make sure you stop at the Northrop Grumman Rocket garden. The garden is about 35 miles outside of Brigham City, but it’s worth it if you have space fans in the family. Northrop Grumman, formerly ATK/Thiokol made the rockets that were used to lift the space shuttle into space. Northrop Grumman even occasionally tests some of their new up and coming rockets that will later be used by NASA. The rocket garden is a fun way to see some amazing technology, and it’s free!
- Bear Lake Utah is the Perfect Place to Visit This Spring and Summer if You are Looking for Something to Get You Out of the House
- 3 Adventurous Things to do in Bryce Canyon: You’ve Got to Check Out the Views in this National Park
- How Much Do You Know About the High Uinta Mountains? Take this Uinta Mountain Quiz to See How Much You Know!
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children