SALEM, Idaho — Authorities confirmed Saturday the remains found on Chad Daybell’s property are of the two missing Rexburg children, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow.
Daybell was arrested Tuesday, after police executed a search warrant on the property and recovered remains from the backyard of the home.
The children’s family confirmed the identity of the remains the next day officials, at that point, had not yet identified them.
The missing Rexburg children were last seen in September. At the request of out-of-state relatives, Rexburg police conducted a welfare check on JJ in November where they said they caught his mother, Lori Daybell (Lori Vallow) in a lie.
The information that she gave police was that JJ was staying in Arizona. But police said there was no evidence to confirm that.
In February, Lori was arrested in conjunction with the children’s disappearance and has remained in an Idaho jail since she was extradited from Hawaii in March.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- With J&J vaccines arriving in Utah, Gov. Cox optimistic