SALT LAKE CITY — On Monday, June 15, the Utah Department of Health reported four additional deaths associated with COVID-19, all of them male. The state total is now 143 deaths.
Three of the four additional deaths occurred in patients who were hospitalized at the time of death. Of those patients, two were in Washington County and one resided in San Juan County. The fourth patient was a resident of a long-term care facility in Salt Lake County.
As of Monday, June 15, the state of Utah has reported 14,608 positive cases of COVID-19. That number represents an increase of 295 cases from Sunday, June 14, and a daily rate increase of 2.1% from Sunday.
Between Sunday June 14 and Monday June 15, the state reports 5,225 additional tests performed for COVID-19 and that the rate of positive testing is now at 5.4% of the total tested.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Student hit in front of Kennedy Jr High in WVC
- Aubrey Page – Mount Ogden Junior High
- Friends, family say San Jose police mismanaged search for tech leader
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- CEO saves life of dog after collision with skier
- Bruce, the last ‘Jaws’ shark, docks at the Academy Museum
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Canyons School District back in class
- Three more arrested in case of kidnapped and murdered Kearns woman