MADISON COUNTY, Idaho– Chad Daybell plans to plead not guilty to two felony counts of concealment or destruction of evidence.
Court documents filed on Monday by Daybell’s attorney, John Prior, show that Daybell entered a not guilty plea and has requested a trial.
Chad Daybell was arrested on Tuesday, June, 9 after law enforcement discovered human remains on his property. Over the weekend, authorities confirmed the remains found were missing children JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. The two kids haven’t been seen since September 2019, and their mother, Lori Vallow, is already in police custody in connection to the case.
The families of JJ and Tylee confirmed the remains earlier last week.
Since the discovery of the children’s remains, both families have released statements regarding the loss of Vallow and Ryan. Daybell’s parents have also reached out.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…