SALT LAKE COUNTY– Unified Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man they suspect of attacked a young female hiker.
On April 29, 2020, a young woman was hiking the Quarry Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon when she was approached from behind, struck with a stick and strangled, according to a statement released by Unified Police on Tuesday.
The young woman yelled for help and other hikers came to her aid. When they did, the suspect fled the scene.
Unified Police have composed a sketch of the suspect. Authorities say the suspect is a white male in his early 20’s. He’s approximately 6-feet tall and is characterized as “skinny” with long light brown hair.
If you have any information regarding the identity of the man, please contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-700. Please reference the case number 20-45161.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother