Cedar City Utah is Your Next Weekend Vacation! 4 Awesome Outdoor Adventures You and Your Family Need to Have This Year
This Article about Cedar City Utah activities is sponsored by Visit Cedar City
A great outdoor adventure is waiting for you in Southern Utah. If you were looking to head to Cedar City, UT for the Shakespeare Festival this year, you probably found out it isn’t happening because of Covid-19. But this is the best time to experience some of the coolest outdoor adventures Utah has to offer. And believe it or not, they are all in Cedar City UT!
Brian Head Resort is a hidden gem in Utah both in the winter and the summer. You’ve probably heard all about Brian Head’s awesome skiing. But during the summer they have miles of chair lift rides, mini zip-lines, mountain biking, and even alpine slides.
Cedar Breaks National Monument is filled with incredible things for you and your family to do and see. This National Monument features painted cliffs, 150 species of wildflowers, hiking trails, and spectacular views. Cedar Breaks has a similar appearance to Bryce Canyon but actually is a bit more vibrant due to the high iron content. So get out those cameras!
Just a short drive northwest of Cedar City is the Parowan Gap where you will find some incredible petroglyphs. The Gap became regularly traveled long ago by ancient Fremont Cultures and ancestors of the Hopi and Southern Paiute People. It was thought to be a special place to visit at certain times of the year. And the petroglyphs have been interpreted as maps or calendars. Plus just a short drive to the east and you can also see some ancient dinosaur tracks too!
This hike is short, easy to get to, and is just awesome! What is a Bristlecone Pine you ask? They are some of the oldest living super resilient pine trees in the world. To give you an idea of how old and how resilient these pine are, one of the pines on this trail is about 4,500 years old. This trail is only 0.6 miles long and is kid and dog friendly!
Where Will You Go In Cedar City Utah?
Cedar City Utah has so much to offer. From incredible outdoor adventures to a quaint downtown, you’re going to find something to love in Cedar City.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Truck crashes into, flattens Wellington restaurant