SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced today that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has been released from the hospital.
Church spokesperson Eric Hawkins said that Elder Holland will return to normal activities.
“He and his family appreciate the prayers and concern on his behalf,” Hawkins said.
Elder Holland will be 80 years old in December, 2020. He was ordained as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1994.
Earlier this week, via a statement, the Church said Elder Holland was hospitalized after several days of illness.
Elder @HollandJeffreyR of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was admitted to the hospital last week following several days of illness. He has been tested and does not have COVID-19. Other diagnostic studies are being done. https://t.co/NQUCo6G2Tg
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) June 17, 2020
Elder Holland has reportedly been tested for COVID-19 and does not have the virus. The church says that other diagnostic tests are being conducted.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- DA Sim Gill rules SLC police use of lethal force justified in Feb. shooting
- Burgess Owens pulls ahead 2,095 votes in Utah’s 4th District
- Local health officials update COVID-19 numbers, discuss “vaccine hunters”
- Utah suicide rate remains stable during the pandemic
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Online learning still a challenge for students, districts say it’s getting better