In November 2018, David O. Leavitt was elected Utah County Attorney.
He graduated from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University in 1991. He graduated in English from BYU in 1988.
Leavitt grew up in Cedar City, Utah. He is married to Chelom Eastwood Leavitt. They have five daughters and three sons.
According to his campaign, Leavitt, 56, has acted as adviser to the National Institute of Justice for Moldova (2014-2018) and adviser to the Supreme Court of Ukraine (2001-2009). Also, he has served as the Juab County Attorney (1995-2003), and as a City Attorney in Nephi and Fillmore.
Find out more about the candidate here.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search crews find missing 17-year-old in Millcreek Canyon
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith
- Brigham Young University installs “family friendly” section in student library
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Utahns urged to stay indoors during record-breaking low temperatures
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like