ALPINE — Call it the case of the toilet vandals.
Someone has caused a lot of damage to park restroom toilets in Alpine over the last six weeks. Alpine City has offered a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever these toilet vandals may be.
Toilet vandals at work over two months
According to the city of Alpine, someone blew up a toilet at Creekside Park’s south restroom on May 9. Someone again vandalized a toilet on May 18 at the Burgess Park restroom. Today, city workers discovered more toilets blown up at the rodeo grounds splash pad restroom.
In all, the city reported four cases involving blown-up or damaged toilets in the last two months, all at a considerable cost to Alpine City taxpayers.
The city also reports that the dumpster at Burgess Park had been lit on fire twice last month.
Repercussions for all
According to Alpine City, the toilet vandals have caused damage to these facilities that require costly repairs.
They plan on prosecuting the individual or individuals responsible to the fullest extent of the law.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Det. Ellis Maxwell shares his theory on what happened to Susan Powell
- Church responds to Equality Act, urging for religious freedom protection
- Utah woman says former Marine saved her life in Las Vegas