SALT LAKE CITY — Smoke was seen billowing from a fire on the campus of Salt Lake Community College on Monday afternoon.
A bystander who contacted 911 said the fire appeared to be at the automotive building on the campus at 4600 South Redwood Road, in Taylorsville.
Later, KSL Newsradio reporter Paul Nelson tweeted that the fire appeared to have destroyed the Applied Sciences building on the campus.
Applied Science at SLCC appears to be a total loss. UFA officials say building was being renovated and the walls were ripped down, so flames spread quickly. pic.twitter.com/om7AO38Po2
— Paul Nelson (@KSLPaul) June 23, 2020
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
— John Strate (@john_strate) June 23, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- How opioid addiction has plagued a Utah woman and her family
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah
- Free summer activities in Utah to entertain without breaking the bank
- Read: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg statement on current chemotherapy treatment
- Utah’s 7-day average for positive COVID-19 cases hits 15%–the highest to date