WEST VALLEY CITY — Harmons grocery stores will require masks for all customers starting June 27 in Salt Lake County and July 5 in other locations across the state.
In a news release sent out by the West Valley-based grocery store chain, the company said all of its workers will continue to wear masks as is its current policy.
“Harmons is committed to doing all that we can to keep our associates and customers safe,” said Bob Harmon, company chairman, in the statement. “This is the obvious next step as cases continue to grow.”
“From the beginning, we have followed advice from the Utah Department of Health and health Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That recommendation includes wearing masks in public places and when social distancing is not possible,” Harmon continued.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Sewage flows into Murray apartment, tenant says landlord need to do more to clean the mess