SALT LAKE CITY — One person was rescued from a house fire in the North Tooele early Monday morning.
Someone who had driven by the home at 7740 North and State Route 36 in Lake Point contacted fire officials.
North Tooele Fire officials say a deputy in the area was able to respond quickly and, along with help from a bystander, brought a woman in the home outside to the front porch.
Both the North Tooele and Grantsville fire agencies responded to the blaze. Some of the crew had just returned from helping battle flames in the Saratoga Springs area.
The injured woman was airlifted to the University Hospital in Salt Lake City.
North Tooele Fire says the bystander had minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The cause for this fire is under investigation, but it is not suspicious, according to officials.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Tim Strebel – South Jordan Elementary