SALT LAKE CITY — A study released by boatsafe.com shows Utah is high on a list of alcohol-related boating accidents.
The list, comprised of numbers from the U.S. Coast Guard’s Boating Safety Division and Bureau of Transportation Statistics, ranks the Beehive state number 2, with 19.21 accidents on boats where alcohol was involved per 100,000 registered watercraft, where injury, death, or property damage occurred.
Only Maryland had more, with 19.37 alcohol-related boating accidents.
As the July 4 holiday weekend approaches, the study using numbers from 2019 and released this month shows boating and alcohol accidents don’t seem to be restricted to any particular region, with activity spread pretty evenly across the country.
1. Maryland – 19.37
2. Utah – 19.21
3. Washington – 16.35
4. Alabama – 13.08
5. Texas – 12.62
6. Arizona – 11.36
7. Missouri – 11.04
8. Massachusetts – 10.57
9. Illinois – 9.36
10. Florida – 9.08
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Biden keeps to Kabul Aug. 31 deadline despite criticism
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Missing St. George child found