SALT LAKE CITY — Three children were inside a home on 300 E near 3300 S in Salt Lake City on Friday afternoon when South Salt Lake police say a truck crashed into the house.
Sgt. Matt Oehler says the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed when it crashed into the house. He described the truck as being “all the way inside the house” before stopping.
Oehler says that bystanders at the scene pulled two children out of the home, but a 10-year-old boy was pinned underneath the truck. Emergency workers reportedly worked for 20 minutes to extricate the child.
Sgt. Oehler says the 10-year-old was life-flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in serious but stable condition.
The truck driver received minor injuries and is being investigated for impairment.
Damage to the home is described as major. Sgt. Oehler says it will require an inspection before the family is allowed to go back inside.
Today’s Top Stories
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…