SALT LAKE CITY — A 500-acre fire burning in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain was human-caused according to Utah Fire Info. The fire was started by a bulldozer.
Early Wednesday evening, the fire was reported to be moving away from structures.
However, voluntary evacuations remain in place on Wilson Avenue in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain.
The Pole Canyon Fire is reportedly growing rapidly, and four single-engine aircraft tankers, two large helicopters and more than 100 people have responded to the blaze.
— Eagle Mountain City (@eaglemtncity) July 15, 2020
This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders