CLEARFIELD, Utah — Northbound I-15 between Clearfield and Roy was closed for around two hours Tuesday morning after a truck crashed in a construction zone injuring three highway-construction workers.
Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) says the crash happened around 3:30 am just north of 650 North.
Officials say two women were travelling in a white pickup and claim the gas pedal became stuck. At some point, the truck veered into a construction area where it hit several barrels and the three construction workers.
UHP Sgt. Shrader says the driver was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence. He specified that the arrest was not for alcohol.
One of the workers was transported to a hospital by ambulance; the other two were transported by a supervisor. All their injuries appear to be non-life threatening.
The identity and condition of the driver is still unknown at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Copper Hills student arrested for Snapchat threat
- Mr. Daryl Hunt – Horizonte Instruction & Training Ctr.
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death